Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

 I made these Oreo cupcakes for a surprise baby shower for two friends this weekend. I have been wanting to try making a new Oreo dessert and posted a week or so ago about all these fun Oreo desserts I have seen on other blogs and on pinterest. I combined a couple recipes to get this one. I also used some of the cupcake wraps that I sell in my Etsy shop, here.
 The bottoms of the cupcakes have half an Oreo at the bottom... YUM!

 The batter has chunks of Oreo baked into it... YUM!

Now here is the recipe, I combined recipes from Annie's Eats Cookies and Cream Cupcakes and Giada De Laurentiis Mini Mascarpone Cupcakes. I am sure the whole recipe over at Annie Eats is amazing, I just thought I would make the base of the cupcake from a mix to make things easier for me. I will have to try making it from scratch sometime. However, the box mix recipe that I used makes a really moist cupcake. You add mascarpone cheese to the batter.

Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 package of Oreos
Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan 24 with paper liners. Next twist 24 Oreo cookies in half, trying to get the cream only on one side. Save the other half to decorate the tops once frosted. Place one Oreo cream side up in each liner.

In a large bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, egg whites and vegetable oil. Using a mixer, beat the ingredients until combined and creamy. Add the cake mix and water and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Next coarsely chop the remaining Oreo cookies and fold gently into the batter. Fill the cups to just below the rim and bake until puffed and golden, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly in the tin then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack.

Frosting:

8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp. heavy cream

Directions:

Combine the cream cheese and butter and beat using a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth.  Blend in the vanilla extract.  Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth, 1-2 minutes.  Add the heavy cream to the bowl and beat on medium-low speed until combined, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.

Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs and garnish with Oreo halves.

Linking up HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, these look amazing! I'm your newest follower - your blog is amazing. Please come and link up to my mommy monday party http://momommamoney.blogspot.com/2011/08/mommy-monday-with-momomma.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!